The TotalCounterOH is an overhead, ceiling mounted counter that incorporates state-of-the-art passive infrared (PIR) sensor technology with wireless convenience for detecting infrared energy emitted by objects, when in motion, within a given detection area. This unit is not affected by sunlight, car headlights, reflections, shadows, or colors. The accuracy should be similar to the IR beam break counter you are now using.
The TotaICounterOH sensor is battery-operated and wirelessly sends its count data to a remote receiver. This receiver has a volume controlled CHIME and a 5-digit display with reset button. So you install the sensor above the entrance and read the total counts at your desk. The TotalCounterOH does not separate the IN and OUT the counts so it will be necessary to divide the display count by two.
Some of the Main Features of the TotalCounterOH include:
- Remote Large five-digit liquid crystal display with reset button.
- Can be installed on ceilings 8 to 16 feet high.
- FCC Approved wireless communication from sensor to display/chime up to 500 feet away.
- AC-powered receiver with 5 foot power cord.
- No reflector – no infrared receiver – no misalignment issues – easy to install.
- Battery Type: Three, Standard 1.5 Volt, AA Alkaline. User replaceable. 12 month battery life.
- Silent Operation or Volume Controlled CHIME
- Mounting bracket and screws included for ease of installation.
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.5 inches x 2.75 inches x .1 inch deep
- Typical Operating Environment: 0 to 120 degrees F. Protected from weather.
- Typical Battery Life: 12 months
The physics of all infrared people counters means that if two people walk through side-by-side, they will be counted as one. And if a group of people walk through at the same time, it is unlikely that all of them will be counted. ALL infrared beam-break and ALL infrared-reflected people counters work in the same way. On a single door entrance (typically 36″ wide), most people enter one at a time, so the counting accuracy is typical very high (93 to 95%). But on a double-door entrance – this typical accuracy can drop to 80 to 85%.
For more information, please visit www.TotalCounter.com and select the TotalCounterOH link. Use your web browser back button to return to this shopping cart