A DataMaster receiver/server can obtain counts from up to 16 TotalCounterRF units that are within radio frequency range. The typical transmission distance of a TotalCounterRF is up to 100 feet and on the same floor as the DataMaster.
Some of the Main Features of the TotalCounterRF include:
- Can provide IN and OUT count data.
- User configured Side Firing or Front Firing in one sensor package.
- Measures across a 20 foot span
- No reflector – no misalignment issues – easy to install
- Easy alignment tool is included
- Battery Type: 3.6 Volt, AA Lithium. 2 per side. User replaceable.
- Silent Operation
- Mounting bracket included for ease of installation
- Sensor Dimensions: 3.5 inches x 1.75 inches x 1.25 inch deep
- Typical Operating Environment: 0 to 120 degrees F. Protected from weather.
- Typical Battery Life: 1 year
The TotalCounterRF is an infrared beam-break people counter. The infrared transmitter side sends a safe and invisible infrared beam to the infrared receiver. When someone, or something, passes through this invisible beam, they “break” the beam and are counted.
The physics of a beam break people counter means that if two people walk through side-by-side, they will be counted as one. And if a group of people walk through at the same time, it is unlikely that all of them will be counted. ALL infrared beam-break and ALL infrared-reflected people counters work in the same way. On a single door entrance (typically 36″ wide), most people enter one at a time, so the counting accuracy is typical very high (93 to 95%). But on a double-door entrance – this typical accuracy can drop to 80 to 85%.